[debian-yeeloong-project] Yeeloong support status

Matt Kraai kraai at ftbfs.org
Tue Sep 13 20:57:28 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 06:24:59PM +0100, Snoopys Woodstock wrote:
> > Other options are reinstalling and moving boot.cfg before rebooting
> > into the system
> Can you guide me, please?

When you reach the last step in the installation (where it asks you to
remove the installation media), press Alt+F2 to switch to the second
virtual console.  Press Enter to display a shell prompt.  Enter the
following command and press Enter:

 mv target/boot.cfg target/boot

Press Alt+F1 to switch back to the installer and finish the
installation as before.

You may also have problems booting due to bug 640418 in
base-installer.  To avoid that problem, use the ext2 filesystem for
your root partition.

> or waiting for a fixed grub-installer to be uploaded
> > and then reinstalling.
>
> If it would be easier to wait than to guide me throu the other process, then I wait. But I'm also looking forward to have new experiences in learning something new.
> What's the status for a full supported yeeloong notebook by debian?

I think that the installation page on the wiki has a pretty good
summary of the status, aside from the issues mentioned above.

--
Matt Kraai
https://ftbfs.org/kraai