[debian-yeeloong-project] Where get a new keyboard for Lemote Yeeloong?

Daniel Clark dclark at pobox.com
Thu Jan 5 06:07:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 10:29 PM, Alexandre "asm" <asmmota at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> Good new years for all.
>
> There are time ago I damaged the keyboard of my Lemote Yeeloong (I shed
> milk with chocolate on keyboard). I would like where get a new keyboard.
> Does anyone know?
>
> Regards.
>  asm

Where are you located? I'm the owner of Lemote's US reseller, and we are
doing our first return of 5 yeeloongs, most with very minor problems, after
selling around 200.

We could probably remove one of the keyboards and send to you (before
sending stuff back to China) if postage would make more sense that way.

I also have a PDF of how to replace the keyboard from my days at the FSF
somewhere I'm guessing I could find without much trouble. I'd have to
contact my Lemote sales contact for pricing, but I'm guessing it would be a
trivial cost. As I recall the procedure was really annoying but doable by
someone with a bit of experience doing laptop repairs.

--
       \|/      Daniel JB Clark | Activist; Owner
FREEDOM -+-> INCLUDED ~ http://freedomincluded.com