[debian-yeeloong-project] New Siliconmotion display driver

Michael Dorrington michael.dorrington at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 20:08:20 UTC 2012

On 19/11/12 21:59, s.boutayeb at free.fr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the new xserver-xorg-video-siliconmotion [1] package (version
> 1:1.7.6-1loongson) on a yeeloong with
> A/ Gnewsense [2] and
> B/ debian wheezy.
<snip>
> B/ On the debian distribution, after the installation of the system, the gdm
> display manager crashed with the "fail whale" error message ('oops something has
> gone wrong...') after trying to bring up gnome 3. No gnome-fallback mode.
<snip>
> [3] http://wiki.debian.org/DebianYeeloong/HowTo/Install

I've tidied up the DebianYeeloong/HowTo/Install page so that we now have
a Wheezy X section for Wheezy and so we can leave the Squeeze X section
to Squeeze only.  If you have experience of getting X working in Wheezy
then please could you put the step by step instructions in
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianYeeloong/HowTo/Install#Wheezy_X

After Wheezy is released we can deprecate the Squeeze section and add a
Jessie (the release after Wheezy) section.  It would be good to get the
patches into X for Jessie so we that we won't need a Jessie X section.
Perhaps we could even get the install instructions into the official manual?

Thanks,
Mike.

--
FSF member #9429