[debiandoc-sgml-pkgs] Re: Adding -s to debiandoc2latex (was: debian-reference: FTBFS: ERROR: reference.zh-tw.pdf could not be generated properly)

Danai SAE-HAN ( 韓達耐 ) danai.sae-han at edpnet.be
Sat Dec 9 13:30:10 CET 2006

[I've removed both bug numbers from the CC list.]

Hi!

From: Osamu Aoki <osamu at debian.org>
debiandoc-sgml-pkgs
> On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 05:09:53PM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> > Osamu Aoki <osamu at debian.org> wrote:
> > debiandoc2latex -s sed_script
> >
> > as it can be used with debiandoc2latex{dvi,ps,pdf}
>
> I added it to CVS.  We need to test it and debug it.

Thanks.  I've tried it, but I get an error:

  $ debiandoc2latex -l zh_TW -s bin/fixlatex reference.zh-tw.sgml
  /usr/bin/debiandoc2latex: line 54: @@@endelide@@@: command not found

> But why we need it.  since if it is debiandoc2latex, then latex source
> is not intermediate but final file.  We can run script on it without -s.
> But if you need it for consistency of operation, new source may work
> after debugging.

Yes, but it makes it a lot easier.  With debiandoc2latex, I can get
the TeX file and modify it without having to go through the pdflatex
process.  That would've been quite handy when I had to debug the VF
problem with pdfTeX.

Best regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐