[Debichem-devel] pymol patch

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Tue Aug 14 16:42:27 UTC 2007

Hi,

for future reference, if you have comments/improvements for any of the
chemistry packages I (co-)maintain, please send them to debichem-devel,
they are less likely to get forgotten there :)

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 08:28:42PM +0200, Martin Höfling wrote:
> i suggest to activate the vmd plugins in pymol's debian package. These plugins
> allow e.g. to read trajectories of GROMACS, an GPLed molecular dynamics
> package, and should do imho not interfere with stability of pymol. I've send
> you the complete patchset, the relevant part is restricted to some options in
> setup.py.

Thanks for the patch, I applied it in our repository.  Is the VMD
plugin self-contained, or do we need additional dependencies/recommends?

Michael