[Debichem-devel] molekel 5.2 release (was: Re: Weekly infolist of updatable packages for the debichem project)

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Dec 14 02:49:05 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 12:29:00PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 03:16:29AM +0000, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Processing watchfile line for package molekel...
> >  Newest version on remote site is 5.2.0, local version is 5.1
> >  molekel: Newer version (5.2.0) available on remote site:
> >    http://www.bioinformatics.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=molekel&path=%2Ftags%2F5.2.0%2F#_tags_5.2.0_
> >    (local version is 5.1)
>
> Incidently, does somebody have a 5.2 tarball?  Last I looked, there were
> no tarballs available, and svn stalls for me all the time.

The bioinformatics subversion repository worked again, so I got a
(rather huge) checkout of 5.2 now.  I made tarball of the src/ and data/
directories only, as recommended by the developer website.

However, I was reminded again that Molekel requires OpenMOIV to build -
which has a very questionable double license LGPL/some SGI license.  I
do not think OpenMOIV is suitable for packaging in main, and thus
Molekel will not, either.

I contacted both the OpenMOIV and Molekel authors about this.

Michael