[Debichem-devel] molekel 5.2 release (was: Re: Weekly infolist of updatable packages for the debichem project)

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Mon Dec 17 16:48:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 03:49:05AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> However, I was reminded again that Molekel requires OpenMOIV to build -
> which has a very questionable double license LGPL/some SGI license.  I
> do not think OpenMOIV is suitable for packaging in main, and thus
> Molekel will not, either.
>
> I contacted both the OpenMOIV and Molekel authors about this.

The former said they would look into the issue, one of the Molekel
authors acknowledged that OpenMOIV might be an issue (but got told it
was fine).  Anyway, he said they were porting Molekel to OpenSceneGraph,
which should be fine.  A release based on that is expected during first
quarter of 2008.

Michael