[Debichem-devel] Updated gnome-chemistry-utils

Michael Bienia geser at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 4 21:31:07 UTC 2007

[ Please CC me as I'm not subscribed ]

Hello,

gnome-chemistry-utils (0.6.3) from Ubuntu gutsy depends on
libgoffice-0-3 which is nearly gone from gutsy (not build from source
anymore). I tried to rebuild it with libgoffice-0-4 which failed.

So instead of patching it more to build with libgoffice-0-4 I looked if
the package could be updated to gnome-chemistry-utils 0.8. I found out
that it needs an updated openbabel (and openbabel bumped the
so-version). So gchempaint needs to be updated too, to get rebuild
against the new openbabel and new g-c-u.

I've seen in the list archives that some issues about the new openbabel
needs to be resolved first.

Are there any plans to update g-c-u, openbabel and gchempaint in the
near future? It would be really good if updated packages where available
before August 16th (UpstreamVersionFreeze in Ubuntu) to get them synced
to gutsy easily.

Regards
Michael