[Debichem-devel] [Debichem-commits] r612 - in /unstable/openbabel/debian: changelog patches/python_setup_fix.patch

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Thu Jul 19 18:39:59 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 11:21:29AM -0700, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> On Thu Jul 19, 2007 at 02:53:46PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 12:26:52PM -0000, mbanck at users.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> > >   * debian/patches/python_setup_fix.patch: New patch, make sure the right
> > >     directories are included in order to find libopenbabel.
> >
> > OK, openbabel builds fine now, and we got a python-openbabel package.
> > I'm not sure about the python bindings though - apparently there are two
> > different ones, do we want to ship both or concentrate on one?
>
> Is there one that openbabel seems to recommend? I'm having a hard time finding the
> python module. I see on http://openbabel.sourceforge.net/wiki/Install a python module
> for Windows. Or is the python bindings actually in the OpenBabel tarball? I've got
> nothing to add but confusion :-)

Yeah, they are apparently in the tarball, though I thought that there
was an external (second) python bindings available.  Maybe that one got
merged into openbabel proper though.

http://openbabel.sourceforge.net/wiki/Python talks about the openbabel
and pybel modules, both seem to be included in the tarball:

./usr/share/python-support/python-openbabel/pybel.py
./usr/share/python-support/python-openbabel/openbabel.py

I don't have a Windows machine to see what those .exe mentioned in the
wiki/Install contain.

On the other hand, we can probably remove/add one or the other python
module later on, it might be more important to get OpenBabel-2.1.1 into
unstable.

Michael