[Debichem-devel] Add list address as co-maintainer?

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Fri Jun 8 23:15:03 UTC 2007

Am Freitag, den 08.06.2007, 23:13 +0200 schrieb Michael Banck:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 01:27:51PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Do we want to set the debichem-devel list address as co-maintainer for
> > the packages, we maintain here? The advantage would be, that we would
> > have an overview at qa.debian.org about all bugs open in the packages we
> > try to group maintain.
>
> Yeah, I wanted to discuss this post-etch.

So now it's time :)

> My original thought was to
> just put "Debichem Developers <debichem-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>"
> as Maintainer: and then me (or whoever might eventually sign+upload the
> package in the future) plus whoever feels mostly responsible for the
> package in Uploaders:.

I thought about the same idea. But there is an issue: In this case all
bug-reports go to the list and to receive them, you need to open the
list for everybody, including spammers. Alternatively we could subscribe
the list address to all packages in our repository. But in this case, we
also need to open the list (IMHO). Or is there a way to receive mail
from the BTS without opening the list to everybody?

> Alternatively, we could go down the Gnome team road and process a
> control.in with the current set of Debichem developers or just maintain
> a static list of all people.

ATM we are 3 active persons. So I think, this list is rather short :)

> Or whoever works on a package add themselves to Uploaders:
>

> Opinions?

Regards, Daniel

^^^^

BTW: Short request: Can you change this "_____..." line to a signature