[Debichem-devel] [Debichem-commits] r512 - in /wnpp/gabedit/debian: gabedit.1 gabedit.1.xml rules

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Thu Jun 14 11:36:50 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 14.06.2007, 11:03 +0800 schrieb LI Daobing:
> On 6/14/07, Daniel Leidert <daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net> wrote:

[regeneration of gabedit.1?]
> consider we use "apt-get source gabedit" to get a copy of gabeit with
> debian issues
>
> in this case, whether gabedit.1's timestamp is newer than gabedit.xml
> is unstable, so sometimes it will re-generate manpage and sometimes
> not.

Under which circumstances the timepstamp of debian/gabedit.1 will be
older than the one of gabedit.1.xml?

> what do you think under this case?

I don't want to drop the advantages of the current system just for a few
cases, I never observed. The second alternative you suggested in your
first mail is exactly, what's done atm without the advantage, that
debian/gabedit.1 does not need to be re-created every time. So this is
definitely not a a considerable suggestion.

Re-considering your first suggestion again still makes me think, that
the advantage of never-ever having an outdated manpage beats the
disadvantage, that the manpage might be re-created under a (very) few
circumstances. I checked svn check-outs, svn-buildpackage builds and
apt-get source ... && debuild builds. The manpage was not re-created.

Regards, Daniel