[Debichem-devel] svn-buildpackage setup example

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Tue Mar 6 13:41:20 CET 2007

I was checking svn-buildpackage a bit and got a working setup including
pbuilder support. So maybe that's interesting for you too. Feel free to
comment on it.

My setup:

I co the debichem SVN as:

and I use package-directories

for each package. pbuilder packages are output to

First things I did, were setting up the SVN properties mergeWithUpstream
(in our case necessary) and svn-bp:origUrl (I suggets the original URL
as mentioned in debian/copyright).

$ cd debichem/unstable/$(PACKAGE)
$ svn propset mergeWithUpstream 1 debian
$ svn propset svn-bp:origUrl http://doamin.tld/package-version.tar.gz
$ svn commit -m "Set up properties for svn-buildpackage."

Then I created two files

svn-builder=pdebuild --configfile /etc/pbuilderrc --debbuildopts "-us -uc" --buildresult /usr/local/src/Packages/dists/sid -- --autocleanaptcache
# there is an ugly error, if the buildArea is on a different device
# than the sources
# svn-ignore-new

Then I simply ran

$ svn-buildpackage