[Debichem-devel] RFS: gelemental and pyelemental

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Thu Nov 29 15:26:25 UTC 2007

Am Donnerstag, den 29.11.2007, 12:49 +0100 schrieb Cesare Tirabassi:

> I am looking for a sponsor for my packages "gelemental" and "pyelemental".

Hi. I already took a look at your packages and I wanted to invite you to
put gelemental into the debichem [1][2] project. I was further already
in contact with its upstream author Kevin Daughtridge, who asked, if we
would be interested in taking it.

There were some issues with the packaging files (mainly some stuff to
improve and to clean the files a bit) I wanted to tell you, but forgot
to do this. A few hints follow.

If you agree to put this into the debichem project, we could solve these
things together. In this case, just contact me offline or join #debichem
at freenode.org.

> Any comment/criticism is highly welcome.

My comments are mostly about using dh_install/dh_move instead of your
install/move stuff in debian/rules. debian/copyright should be more
specific, in which file the data set is you refer to. The chosen name of
the application is gElemental, not Gelemental (yes, this could be a
difference: e.g. JMol vs. Jmol) - see debian/menu.

CCing the debichem list

[1] http://debichem.alioth.debian.org
[2] http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debichem

Regards, Daniel