[Debichem-devel] Weekly infolist of updatable packages (script ready)

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Wed Sep 12 01:02:21 UTC 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 12.09.2007, 02:37 +0200 schrieb Michael Banck:
> [BTW, I'm very busy with university for another week or so.  Sorry.]

No problem :) Same here.

> On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 02:34:05AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I added a small perl script to the repository, that
> >
> > - extracts the watch and changelog files from our repository
> > - processes them with uscan
> > - creates a report about updatable packages and packages, that miss a
> > watch file
>
> That's awesome!
>
> > I would like to run this script once a week and it then would send the
> > result to this list. Would you agree with it? Suggestions or objections?
>
> In the long run, it would also be nice to integrate this in the
> hypothetical[tm] wiki where all the packages are listed...

I see. Yes, that would be some nice feature.

> > It would need to whitelist my alioth mail address, because I would run
> > it via crontab entry.
>
> I'll just add that the first time you send it and it ends up in
> moderation.

Ok. I now changed the mail address of the script and ran the cron-job
once, so one mail should be waiting in the queue currently (received the
info mail a few seconds ago). I now changed the cron-job to run weekly.

Please (you all) feel free to fix and/or improve the script or adjust it
for your needs.

Regards, Daniel