[Debichem-devel] psi3 extrema binary conflicts with package extrema

A. Christine Spang spang at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 23 23:18:08 UTC 2008

Helli Debichem team,

As pointed out by
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=464867, both the psi3
package and the extrema package that I recently uploaded contain the
binary '/usr/bin/extrema'. The question I have for your team is 'how
disruptive would it be to rename the /usr/bin/extrema binary in the
psi3 package'? I honestly can't think of a logical alternative for the
extrema package's binary, and renaming it would be a disruptive break
with the package name and upstream.

I have no idea as to how disruptive such a change would be to the users
of psi3, so let me know what you think.

(Also--I'm not subscribed to this list, so please CC me on responses.)

Regards,
Christine