[Debichem-devel] DM process for debichem

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Tue Jan 1 23:55:29 UTC 2008

Hi,

as probably most of you have heard by now, there is a new level of
Debian involvement called "Debian Maintainer" now.  It is precisely for
people who want to maintain their packages but are not immediately
interested in becoming a Debian Developer and/or want to upload their
packages without a sponser during the time they spent in the New
Maintainer process.

Requirements are basically a GPG key signed by a Debian Developer you
have met in person, and a Debian Developer who vouchs for you.  The
latter would be me, the former you need to find yourself.  Additionally,
you need to send a (signed) mail to debian-newmaint at lists.debian.org
saying you agree to the Debian Social Contract, the Debian Free Software
Guidelines and the Debian Machine Usage Policies.  See earlier DM
applications at e.g.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-newmaint/2007/12/
After that, notify me of the posting (I don't follow debian-newmaint
daily or even monthly), and I will advocate you.

After that, you can upload yourself all packages you are an Uploader: of
and which are flagged as DM-Upload-Allowed.  I plan to have all debichem
packages as DM-Upload-Allowed until lenny.  I can't make any commitments
for non-debichem packages, I will do those on a case-by-case basis.

In order to vouch for you, it might make sense to have uploaded a couple
of your packages, so I suggest Daobing Li, Daniel Leidert and Jordan
Mantha are totally fine to become DM as soon they want and got a DD
signature on their public key.  For the others, it's no problem in
general when you did some good work on debichem, just mail me.

cheers

Michael

--
Further notes: