[Debichem-devel] Testing migration of openbabel

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Tue Jan 29 16:57:03 UTC 2008

Hi,

most of our packages are pretty outdated in lenny/testing, so I propose
to concentrate on migrating openbabel-2.1 and all its reverse
dependencies to testing for now.

openbabel has to enter testing together will all other packages
depending on it, as removing libopenbabel1 and adding libopenbabel2 will
make those packages uninstallable in testing otherwise.  This further
means all reverse dependencies need to be in a shape to enter testing,
i.e., have to be built on all architectures, need to have equal or less
release-critical bugs than the version in testing and need to be in
unstable for at least 10 days.

It is looking quite good now, we probably only have to wait about a week
to get g-c-u and gchempaint in, unless some more problems show up.

If you notice some issues pertaining to the testing migration, please