[Debichem-devel] Build-dependency for rasmol: cbflib

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Fri Mar 28 13:47:36 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 28.03.2008, 08:56 +0100 schrieb Andreas Tille:
> On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Michael Banck wrote:

[..]
> > That's all nice, but doesn't really belong here.  Both debian-med and
> > debichem use the keep-debian-in-subversion approach, so if you want to
> > group-maintain your packages in one of these teams (and debichem would
> > invite you to maintain rasmol there), you'd have to adopt to the
> > current workflow, sorry.
>
> I wonder what would happen if some of the DebiChem people would change
> the packaging to use quilt or dpatch.  Teemu, would you accept this
> atempt? :-)

We (the debichem team) use dpatch. dpatch fits perfectly the
debian/-only approach. I explained it in my blog and in various list
posts. quilt can be used the same way, but you need a workaround (like
symlinking the debian/-dir to an unpacked source or using the svn-do
script). But this has been discussed already and you will find every
information in the debian-devel (IIRC) list archives.

However, I think that putting a package into our SVN (git-svn) with the
full source is also ok - especially because we use a separate directory
for tags. But in this case I would suggest to clean tags from time to
time (via svn remove or svnadmin). ATM checking out the full debichem
repository needs just a few minutes. I would really, really like to
preserve this.

Regards, Daniel