[Debichem-devel] Build-dependency for rasmol: cbflib

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Mar 31 14:33:42 UTC 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Daniel Leidert wrote:

>> Huh - why not?  We are using quilt in several packages in Debian-Med
>> _because_ it can.  I just find the usage more convenient than dpatch
>> but both have very similar functionality.
>
> How does it fit? I'm pretty sure, I got no response from the debian-med
> team in the debian-devel discussion related to this topic (it was a
> meta-thread). Do you use svn-do

No.  I know that several people use svn-buildpackage but I simply
unpack the upstream tarball, copy the debian directory (including
debian/patches containing the quilt stuff) into it and say [p]debuild.

> or do you symlink the debian/-directory
> to an unpacked source?

Well, just a plain copy (without .svn dirs) - a symlink might probably
work.

> IIRC these were the workarounds suggested at
> debian-devel. If there is some easier way, I would *really* appreciate
> to get to know it :)

May be there are some svn-build* things that do not work but I never
realised because I'm sticking to the old fashioned way.

> Of course :) I hope, you did not misunderstand my comment.

I don't think so - I just wanted to clarify. :)

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de