[Debichem-devel] Chemistry wiki page

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Tue Oct 7 18:09:08 UTC 2008

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008, Michael Banck wrote:

> Thanks, I've now extended it a bit and shuffled things around.

Fine.  I might turn this into tasks files at end of October.
(I'm offline next week and at OSWC the week after with less
chances to do such work.)

> My previous opinion still holds - some packages are both applicable to
> Biology and Chemistry or to Physics and Chemistry.  About the ab initio
> DFT packages, they are more physics than chemistry I guess but might
> make sense to include in a chemistry task as well.  I personally see the
> boundary when it comes to periodical condensed system; those are more
> physics while molecular systems are more chemistry.  But oh well.

As I tried to explain in my previous mail:  the only interesting thing
is whether a chemist might profit from the program or not.  There is
no reason to leave it out because it is more targeted to biology
or physics.  If in doubt use "Suggests" instead of "Depends".

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de