[Debichem-devel] Yet another list statistics for debichem-devel

Andreas Tille tille at ravel.debian.org
Sat Jan 17 23:59:23 UTC 2009

Hi,

as you can read in my lightning talk at DebConf

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200808_lightning/

I did some investigation on who is frequently posting
on our mailing lists.  I now created graphs until
end of last year and write a short summary for
those lists I regard worth a comment.  I'm not
CCed to all of this list so if you want to discuss
something please keep me in CC.  If you want to
discuss the results in general just write to debian-project.

All graphs and the code that was used to create the
graphs are available at

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/liststats/

If you are interested in a mailing list which was not
analysed, just tell me.  I was running the scripts on
those lists I personally had some interest and those
with more than 1000 subscribers.

I plan to clean up code and write some doc about it
but this will not happen in the next couple of weeks.

The graph for this specific list is

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/liststats/authorstat_debichem-devel.pdf

I really wished that this project would be able to gain more supporters
because it is the closest to my pet Debian Med project.  Just knowing
the fact that you can not count myself as a real project member because
my postings were rather concerned to general synergies with similar
projects (Blends or potential Blends) I see only four developers.
The fact that only two of them were active last year makes me a bad
feeling.

I can only repeat my opinion that the key to success is better
project management and attracting more people by becoming more
popular.  You know I was and will be busy to write tools for
Debian Pure Blends that are intended to provide technical means
to supoprt this strategy.  Just start with using them.

I wish you really good luck for your project.  Please do not
hesitate a single minute to ask for help if you want to join
the Blends effort or if something might remain unclear in this
scope.

Kind regards

    Andreas

--