[Debichem-devel] RFC: Drop boost-dependency for openbabel?

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Sun Mar 8 13:41:37 UTC 2009

Hi all,

There is a bug report [1] against openbabel requesting a newer boost
version to build with. Now there is further an announcement on
debian-release [2], that boost 1.34 and 1.35 will be dropped soon. So I
increased the boost-version to build with to 1.37. But then I found,
that the binaries are not depending on boost and I checked why. boost is
only used, if tr1/memory is not available. But that seems to be
avialable for all architectures (I found at least none architecture,
where boost is used). So can we drop the libboost-dev-dependency for
openbabel?

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/513259
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2009/02/msg00614.html

Regards, Daniel