[Debichem-devel] RFC: mopac7: on-dynamic relocations refer to dynamic symbol atomic_ (mips/mipsel)

Nicholas Breen nbreen at ofb.net
Tue Nov 3 04:03:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 04:24:07AM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Can you use mopac7atomic or something similar explicit?

# find . -name \*.f|xargs sed -i -e 's#/ATOMIC/#/MOPAC7ATOMIC/#g'
# debian/rules build
[64 minutes later...]
/usr/bin/ld: non-dynamic relocations refer to dynamic symbol okmany_
/usr/bin/ld: failed to set dynamic section sizes: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

...and, unfortunately, renaming *that* variable does not help.  I could work
around it by changing ISOK's initialization in mopac7lib.f to "ISOK=.TRUE.",
but then the ATOMIC error comes right back even when renamed to MOPAC7ATOMIC,
so at best it's just swapping around the order of failure.  At that point, I've
run out of my very small FORTRAN knowledge.

Adding -fPIC has no apparent effect.

- Nicholas