[Debichem-devel] avogadro-data package (and python-avogadro)

Daniel Leidert Daniel.Leidert.Spam at gmx.net
Fri Nov 13 16:28:45 UTC 2009

Michael Banck wrote:

> there is still a problem, python-avogadro does not install:
>
> Setting up python-avogadro (1.0.0-2) ...
> file does not exist: /usr/share/libavogadro/extensionScripts/example.py
> pycentral: pycentral pkginstall: error byte-compiling files (2)
> pycentral pkginstall: error byte-compiling files (2)
> dpkg: error processing python-avogadro (--configure):
>  subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
>
> Probably the binary-fixup/python-avogadro is too late in the game,
> /usr/share/pyshared-data/python-avogadro already got populated with
> example.py.  At this point, I am not sure whether another hack is the
> right answer, maybe we should see about reproducing and debugging the
> reported startup crash?

You don't need a hack. Just exclude example.py via -Xexample.py.
CDBS IIRC knows a way to specify the exclude pattern either global
or maybe even per package. I'm currently far away from my workstation,
so this is all help I can offer :)

Regards, Daniel
--
DSL-Preisknaller: DSL Komplettpakete von GMX schon für
16,99 Euro mtl.!* Hier klicken: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02