[Debichem-devel] avogadro-data package (and python-avogadro)

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Nov 13 22:44:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 05:12:38PM -0500, Jordan Mantha wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> You don't need a hack. Just exclude example.py via -Xexample.py.
> >> CDBS IIRC knows a way to specify the exclude pattern either global
> >> or maybe even per package. I'm currently far away from my workstation,
> >> so this is all help I can offer :)
> >
> > I decided to drop the binary-fixup rule and again and just explicitely
> > install the wireframe.py example, as well as shipping the empty
> > extensionScripts directory.
>
> Forgive my ignorance, I've unfortunately not been able to look at
> Avogardro code for a while, but wouldn't it be best to figure out why
> example.py causes problems and patch it?

I mentioned that in my initial mail above.  However, it is not clear how
useful example.py is anyway (the "Clear molecule" menu item never did
anything for me, and the "Example Python dock widget" is just an empty
widget...), and it seems difficult to reproduce (both Daniel and I
cannot reproduce it right now).

Michael