[Debichem-devel] Jmol again

Georges Khaznadar georges.khaznadar at free.fr
Mon Aug 16 20:05:03 UTC 2010

Hello debichemers,

I would like to package Jmol, because it would be useful as a
recommended package for two other packages which I maintain: wims and
chemical-structures.

I downloaded the source from the SVN repository (branch 12.0) today, and
I could check how easy it was to build a Debian package, technically
speaking. However there is a big license issue, as the sources contain a
handful of jars coming from third parties, and only two of them seem to
exist in already available packages.

I saw that the packaging of Jmol had been discussed in the past in this
mailing list. Had some solutions been suggested to package dependencies,
or were some bad licenses discovered in them?

Best regards,			Georges.

--
Georges KHAZNADAR et Jocelyne FOURNIER
22 rue des mouettes, 59240 Dunkerque France.