[Debichem-devel] Goffice soname change - package rebuild request

J.H.M. Dassen (Ray) jdassen at debian.org
Tue Feb 16 20:32:42 UTC 2010

Earlier this week, new upstream stable releases of goffice and gnumeric were
made. Unfortunately, the new goffice release (0.8.0-1)'s soname is older
than the older ones. This breaks loading of binaries built against older
(unstable) goffice versions; see e.g. bug #570010.

Rather than changing goffice's library versioning and deviating from
upstream and likely breaking compatibility with code built on other
distributions, my preferred way of dealing with this is to ask you to
rebuild your goffice-dependent package against the new stable release.
Please let me know whether you agree with this approach and whether you can
upload a rebuilt package, say before next month.

Kind regards,
Ray
--
"The proper place for a CAPSLOCK key is in a different hemisphere from you."
	Tom Christiansen in "Interface Zen",