[Debichem-devel] Metapackages for DebiChem?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Jul 14 20:53:10 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 09:27:00PM +0200, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> Scientific data manipulation and plotting
>
> and
>
> Scientific typesetting and bibliographical data management
>
> as I think that these tasks are rather distinct.

Perhaps using the examples from science-* packages and picking the
most relevant for chemstry is a good idea.

> Of course, with scientific typesetting we would depend on texlive-*,
> which is rather large set of packages.

Somehow I would have wished that the texlive packages are a bit more
fine grained.  We are a lot of LaTeX packages for only some which are
really specific - but on the other hand it would probably to much work
for texlive maintainers to split them up into more packages.

> However, providing a complete
> (even if heavy) solution to a task is the goal of all the tasks-based
> philosophy, no?

Yes, it is.

Kind regards

      ANdreas.