[Debichem-devel] libopenbabel build failure

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Oct 29 09:52:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 11:39:28AM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> It seems the build of openbabel fails:
>
> > dh_install: usr/lib/libinchi.so.0.3.1 exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
> > dh_install: usr/lib/libinchi.so exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
> > dh_install: usr/lib/libinchi.so.0 exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
> > dh_install: usr/lib/openbabel/OpenBabel2_EXPORTS-relwithdebinfo.cmake exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
> > dh_install: usr/lib/openbabel/OpenBabel2_EXPORTS.cmake exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
> > dh_install: usr/lib/openbabel/OpenBabel2Config.cmake exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
> > dh_install: usr/lib/openbabel/OpenBabel2ConfigVersion.cmake exists in debian/tmp but is not installed to anywhere
> [..]
> > dpkg-shlibdeps: error: couldn't find library libinchi.so.0 needed by debian/libopenbabel4/usr/lib/openbabel/2.3.0/thermoformat.so (ELF format: 'elf64-x86-64'; RPATH: '/usr/lib').

Right, I forgot to commit the source/format file which switches to "3.0
(quilt)", so the inchi patch in debian/patches got ignored in your
build.  I've done that now.

That patch forces a static compilation of libinchi, which I think is the
reasonable thing to do for now (and which I wanted to bring up with
upstream as well).  I started looking into packaging libinchi
seperately, but it is pretty Windows-centric still.

Michael