[Debichem-devel] cclib

Karol M. Langner karol.langner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 09:00:20 UTC 2011

Hi,

 Thanks for looking at it! I fixed all the things you pointed out and
commited the changes, with comments bellow.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 12:10:22AM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> ** http://cclib.sfnet should be http://cclib.sf.net I guess
> ** Copyright seems to be "cclib (http://cclib.sf.net) is (c) 2006, the
>    cclib development team" for most files, rather than "Firstname
>    Lastname" ;)

I'm not sure I included enough. Could you check?

> ** You don't (and should not) need to cite the full LGPL, just the
>    boilerplate and a link to /usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-2.1

Again, could you check I did this correctly?

> ** As an aside, you might want to contact the upstream authors to
>    relicense to "LGPL v2.1 or later", or else they might run into
>    license incompatibilites further down the road (at least Noel should
>    be aware of that, as OpenBabel keeps suffering from that)

I will take this up on our mailing list.

> * patches/debian-changes-1.0.1-1
> ** This is the left-over of upstream changes you had when you created
>    the source package.  It should be moved to its properly named patch
>    (possibly with some added meta-data)

I merged this into patch/fix_setup that I made earlier.

> * debian/changelog
> ** Removed the "(Closes: #nnnn)  <nnnn is the bug number of your ITP>",
>    unless you filed an ITP bug, in which case you should substitute in
>    the bug number
>
> * debian/control
> ** Add an Uploaders: field next to Maintainers with your name and email
>    address (as spelt out in debian/changelog)
> ** Build-Depends probably have to include python-all-dev or something.
>    In order to find out what you are missing (or whether the
>    Build-Depends are complete), you can try to build the package with
>    pbuilder.  Apparently Arch: all package will soon be autobuilt as
>    well, so we would get a "fails to build from source bug" then anyway.
> ** cclib Depends: on cclib-data, but this package is no longer in the
>    control file, rendering cclib uninstallable.
> ** The Depends fields should also contain ${misc:Depends} (possibly
>    filled out by various debhelper scripts) and ${python:Depends}
>    (filled out by the python debian build tools)

OK

So, it seems to build the packages correctly, although I am using
simply dpkg-buildpackage since I haven't figured out how to use
pbuilder yet. Is it so much better/easier?

--
written by Karol M. Langner
Tue Apr 12 09:50:48 CEST 2011