[Debichem-devel] cclib

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Sat Apr 16 17:41:22 UTC 2011

Am Donnerstag, den 14.04.2011, 14:13 +0200 schrieb Karol M. Langner:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 08:36:17PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:

[..]
> > or by don't using dh_install but `install' (note that this requires,
> > that you make sure, usr/bin exists in debian/cclib, e.g. by listing it
> > in cclib.dirs):
> >
> > override_dh_install:
> > 	dh_install
> > 	install cclib/foo debian/cclib/usr/bin/foobar
>
> I chose the first option, but ir it supposed to be cclib.dirs or just 'dirs'? In the
> manual (http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/dother.en.html) there is only mention
> or 'dirs'.

Depends. For every debhelper (tool) file it can be "foo" or
"package.foo" like "dirs" or "cclibs.dirs". The latter only applies to
the package it is called after. The first is handled differently. For
some debhelper tools it applies to all binary packages of a source
package and for some it only applies to the first package acted on. Just
ask the manual page. It usually tells you the details.

> Also, how can I check if my new script name (ccda) is not used by another package?

apt-cache show apt-file
apt-get install apt-file
apt-file update
apt-file search bin/ccda