[Debichem-devel] mpqc: Please commit all changes and tag 2.3.1-9 - further probably an issue with ghemical

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Nov 19 15:03:08 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 08:32:47AM +0100, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> Further Ubuntu bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/885740 sounds like
> there is a linkage problem(?). The missing symbol sounds to be related
> to libsc7. At the packages websites I can also see, that with ghemical
> 2.99.1-2 the dependency on libsc7 gets lost. Any idea?

I think I've figured this out now.  The general problem is that
libghemical is not linked to libsc7 and thus dpkg-shlibdepds does not
pick up libsc7 as dependency.  The underlying problem is that "sc-config
--libs" does not list the SC libraries, so they do not get linked in the
first place.  This is because the script looks at $libdir/$i, where $i
is each of the SC libraries.  The list of SC libraries gets determined
at MPQC configure time by bin/listlibs.pl, which takes LIBSUF as
argument, which in turns is set to "la" for the shared builds.  As we do
not install those libtool .la files anymore (it is discouraged), we (or
rather I) broke sc-config in the way.

I've patched sc-config.in now so that it looks at the .so version of
each library instead.  I'm currently test-building MPQC and
libghemical/ghemical afterwards and will commit a fix and upload when
the tests succeed.

Cheers,

Michael