[Debichem-devel] Sponsoring needed for MDAnalysis

Sébastien Buchoux sebastien.buchoux at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:20:06 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have uploaded 3 source packages related to MDAnalysis (See ITP
bug#649390):
- python-griddataformats (associated ITP bug:#649396): this package
provides a Python module that is needed by MDAnalysis

- python-mdanalysis (associated ITP bug:#649390): this is (obviously)
the main package

- python-mdanalysis.tests-data: for some reasons, data used by tests are
shipped apart from the main code (which contains the tests). This is
going to change in the future but in the meantime, I had to create
another deb source package to handle the data. As the data is part of
the MDAnalysis project, I didn't file an ITP bug for this package.
Should I do it?

Here are the 3 links:
http://mentors.debian.net/package/python-griddataformats
http://mentors.debian.net/package/python-mdanalysis