[Debichem-devel] Sponsoring needed for MDAnalysis

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Mon Nov 21 21:58:14 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am a bit busy right now, so will possibly not be able to review and
upload the packages over the next days, but one comment:

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 05:20:06PM +0100, Sébastien Buchoux wrote:
> I have uploaded 3 source packages related to MDAnalysis (See ITP
> bug#649390):
> - python-griddataformats (associated ITP bug:#649396): this package
> provides a Python module that is needed by MDAnalysis
>
> - python-mdanalysis (associated ITP bug:#649390): this is
> (obviously) the main package
>
> - python-mdanalysis.tests-data: for some reasons, data used by tests
> are shipped apart from the main code (which contains the tests).
> This is going to change in the future but in the meantime, I had to
> create another deb source package to handle the data. As the data is
> part of the MDAnalysis project, I didn't file an ITP bug for this
> package. Should I do it?

Is the test data used by python-mdanalysis at build time?

If you use the "3.0 (quilt)" format, you can add additional upstream
tarballs, this is one of the major improvements in the new format.

See e.g.
http://wiki.debian.org/Projects/DebSrc3.0?highlight=(3.0)|(quilt)#How_to_use_multiple_upstream_tarball_in_3.0_.28quilt.29_format.3F

The only issue would be some copyright problems, but let us hope that
this will go by fine.

> I also created an account (seb-buch-guest) at alioth.debian.org.

I have added you to the Debichem project!

Cheers,

Michael