[Debichem-devel] Packaging 12.2 for Debian/Ubuntu, disabling naga

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Oct 30 19:44:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

I took a look at packaging 12.2 (congrats!) for Debian/Ubuntu, and
realized it now requires the naga NIO asynchronous sockets
implementation.  I know you bundle the jar in your release tarball, but
we have to remove all binary jars and repackage the tarball prior to
build as per Debian policy and in order to comply with the Debian Free
Software Guidelines.

Naga has not yet been packaged for Debian, and as neither their
subversion repository nor their release jarfiles have any
copyright/license information (the website says MIT), this will likely
not be accepted into the Debian/Ubuntu repositories for now.  I have
filed issue http://code.google.com/p/naga/issues/detail?id=12 to that
effect.

In the meantime, is there maybe a way to disable the need for having
naga around while building jmol?

Best regards,

Michael