[Debichem-devel] Prospective packages

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Tue Jun 5 15:08:26 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 07:21:26PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 03, 2012 at 06:31:08PM +0200, Daniel Leidert wrote:
> > And maybe:
> >
> > http://sourceforge.net/projects/molsketch/
> >
> > Am Sonntag, den 03.06.2012, 18:27 +0200 schrieb Daniel Leidert:
> > > The following software might be interesting to package. Where do we put
> > > such information? Into debichem-tasks?
> > >
> > > - aten (http://code.google.com/p/aten/)
> > > - ccp1gui (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ccp1gui/)
> > > - zeobuilder (http://molmod.ugent.be/code/)
>
> I keep tracking those in PROSPECTIVE_PACKAGES in the subversion root of
> debichem.

just a hint:  I'm parsing certain VCSes from certain teams for not yet
released packages.  The script which fetches all machine readable files
is maintained here:

   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/blends/trunk/machine_readable

As you can see I'm tracking

SVNDIRS="...
         debichem/unstable
         debichem/wnpp
         ..."

All parseable information of packages which are *not* in the Debian pool
are taken over to UDD and the script which generates tasks pages is
draining it from there.  So in case you might inject some basic packaging
information of these prospective packages in your SVN you can simply add

  Depends: aten, ccp1gui, zeobuilder

to the according DebiChem task and the entries on the tasks pages will
be created accordingly.  I'm about to announce this feature soonish but
will observe things a bit longer if everything works as expected.  Just
to let you know in advance and once you are talking about this.

As an example you can inspect the med-bio tasks file and seek there for

and compare the information available at

   http://debian-med.debian.net/tasks/bio#pkgvcs-debs

BTW,

   svn://svn.debian.org/svn/debian-med/trunk/package_template

contains sample files for the machine readable files that are parsed.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de