[Debichem-devel] Also candidate to new package: MDAnalysis

Sébastien Buchoux sebastien.buchoux at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 20:39:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

On 03/10/2012 02:58 PM, Michael Banck wrote:
> I took a look at python-griddataformats for starters, the only thing I
> noticed is the Description - it looks like the short description is just
> the first sentence of the overall description [snip]
>
> I think you should come up with a better short description, maybe
> "Python module for grid data formats" or so, and push the current short
> description ("GridDataFormats provides the Python package 'gridData'.")
> to the long description.

Agreed, I just copied/pasted the description from the github website.
I'll do the corrections.

> Do you want to maintain MDAnalysis as part of Debichem?

Sure! Actually I already cloned the git repos (for both GridDataFormats
and MDAnalysis) on alioth.

> You're a team member already anyway I believe?

Indeed. My username is seb-buch-guest.

Thanks for taking time to check my packages.

Hope they will soon make it to the Debian archive!

Cheers,

Séb