[Debichem-devel] Where to maintain pdb2pqr

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri May 18 10:16:04 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 09:02:41AM +0200, olivier.sallou at codeless.fr wrote:
> Le 5/16/12 9:38 AM, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> > I just noticed that pdb2pqr has set
> >
> >   Maintainer: DebiChem Team <debichem-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>
> >   Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/pdb2pqr/trunk/
> >
> > I do not mind what team finally cares for this package but having one
> > team set as maintainer and keep the code in a different teams Vcs feels
> > simply wrong.  Manuel, what was your primary intention and how should
> > the package be maintained in the future.
> >
> > Any volunteer to upload the new version (1.8)?

> If DebiChem does not manage it, I can try to do so.

We are ok to maintain it, it just sort of dropped off the radar cause it
never got migrated to the debichem subversion.

> According to Manuel answer, I can be the maintainer if it is ok for
> everyone.  I do not know the application so I will have to take a look
> at it.

I believe it is best kept at team maintenance, either in the debian-med
or the debichem repository, I do not particularly care which one, and as
it is already in debian-med, it might be easier to keep it there and
just change the maintainer (back?).

Are you a member of either?

Michael