[Debichem-devel] Introduction

Sebastian Gibb sgibb.debian at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:11:42 UTC 2012

Dear Debichem-Team,

I just joined the Debichem-Team in this morning and I would like to introduce
myself.
I study human medicine at the University of Leipzig (Germany) since October
2007. Currently I'm being in the sixth, the last year which is so called the
"practical year". This year is divided into three parts: 4 month surgery, 4
month internal medicine, and 4 month of your choice (I will choose
anesthesiology). Additional I do a further split to work 2 month in the
Institute of Laboratory Medicine (where I'm now).

Since January 2010 I am a M.D. student in the Statistics and Computational
Biology research group headed by Korbinian Strimmer [1] at the Institute of
Medical Informatics, Statistics, and Epidemiology (IMISE) of the University of
Leipzig. We try to automatically investigate/analyse mass spectrometry data.
Therefore I wrote some open source tools/packages for the R platform.

I use GNU/Linux since 2002. I started with SUSE Linux (openSUSE). In 2010 I
switched to Debian and I never looked back. Now I like to support the
community especially the Debichem-Team. Recently I created my first real
Debian package (thanks to a lot of help from Filippo Rusconi) and I hope some
more will follow.

Best regards,

Sebastian

[1] http://strimmerlab.org