[Debichem-devel] Uploading libxc, support of libxc-1.x

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Fri Jul 12 11:38:21 UTC 2013

Hi,

As this is starting to block us (Debichem) more and more, I am going to
upload libxc in the following days.  Yann, are you still interested in
(co-)maintaining it?  Your ITP (#602110) has not seen any updates from
you for two years.

The main question I want to raise is wether we should support libxc-1.x.
My current approach ([1], the copyright file still needs work) was to
first upload libxc-2.0.2 as "libxc2" source and name the dev library
libxc2-dev and then possibly upload a libxc source package later - but I
did a quick check and it seems most projects have moved on to libxc2
and/or it should not be very hard to port them to libxc2 when they are
being packaged for Debian.

So I tend to just upload libxc-2.0.2 as libxc-dev and not support
libxc-1.x.  Does anybody have any input and/or comments on this?

Michael

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debichem/unstable/libxc/debian/