[Debichem-devel] Abinit (Was: r5051 - unstable/abinit/debian)

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Sun Apr 20 06:22:48 UTC 2014

Hi Michael,

On Sat, Apr 19, 2014 at 07:28:36PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:

> So I propose the following:
>
> 1. We install the pseudopotentials from tests/Psps_for_tests to
> /usr/share/abinit/psp
>
> 2. We install all files from tests/tuto*/Input/ into
> /usr/share/doc/abinit/examples.
>
> 3. We patch/modify the respective .files files to use
> /usr/share/abinit/psp as prefix, not ../../Psps_for_tests or so.  This
> will make it possible to relocate the .in files (to some degree) and to
> run them (I hope).
>
> 4. We install the HTML documentation in /usr/share/doc/abinit/html and
> patch it up/include an index.html as top-level landing page (I already
> did that some time ago).

+1

> 5. We either don't ship the testsuite inputs/outputs for now, or at
> least gzip all the reference outputs, and make the testsuite setup deal
> with it. I suggest we do the latter as TODO, but don't delay an upload
> due to it.

In the Debian Med team we try to run anything that could serve as a test
suite in autopkgtest.  So I'm definitely for including the data and I
would consider providing a test would be a good thing to do.  However,
if it might turn out as complex this should be no reason for a further
delay.

> As for the packages, I propose we introduce an abinit-data package which
> includes the pseudopotentials (and maybe later the testsuite
> input/output).  I think at least mid-term (jessie+1 or so) it makes
> sense to move the contents of -doc over to -data and deprecate the -doc
> package. Or do it already now, or never, I don't care either way.

I usually prefer modularised packaging and see no real profit in merging
the *-doc into the *.data package.  But I'm not very strongly opinionated
here if you would like to drop the -doc package.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de