[Debichem-devel] Conflict between debian/upstream (DEP-12) & debian/upstream/ (uscan)

Yaroslav Halchenko debian at onerussian.com
Sat Feb 22 15:48:07 UTC 2014

ah -- info is there (missed it among numerous) CCs

citing:
Since 2.14.1, uscan now uses debian/upstream/signing-key.* for the
upstream signatures.

This seems to conflict with the debian/upstream file, as decribed in
https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamMetadata
http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep12/

In general I would not mind collecting all the upstream information under
debian/upstream/

But it would have made much more sense if e.g. debian/watch should have been
renamed into e.g.  debian/upstream/origin  -- then I would have seen point of
uscan using now debian/upstream/signing-key.*.  Now such a rename in
uscan is IMHO only brings even more confusion among "debian/" files
(debian/watch which uses debian/upstream/signing-key.*).

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org