[Debichem-devel] OpenMM package for Debian/Ubuntu

Yutong Zhao yutong.zhao at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 22 17:28:19 UTC 2014

Hi Andreas,

We're super excited to get OpenMM as part of the debian repos. To address
your concerns:

1. Source files can be directly obtained from
https://github.com/simtk/openmm. Releases are tagged at
https://github.com/SimTk/openmm/releases. It should be simple to setup a
watch script to monitor new tags/releases via github. We currently
distribute pre-built binaries from simtk.org, but it sounds like you guys
plan to build from source anyways.

2. We're OK with what ever deployment/maintenance options you think is best
(Alioth, etc.). Having Debian download statistics would be really nice.

3. We'd be happy to work with whoever (Steffan, CCed) to get this pushed
through. Thanks for volunteering to do the initial inject.

Some questions on our end:

1. Does getting this into DebianMed/DebiChem mean that users on
ubuntu/debian will be able to simply do apt-get install openmm to fetch the
package (without needing to add additional sources, etc.)?
2. What additional steps do we need to take on our end? Is
https://github.com/rmcgibbo/openmm-debpackaging sufficient?

CCing Peter and Vjiay on this (both are heavily involved in OpenMM)

--
Yutong Zhao
Stanford University

www.proteneer.com | simbios.stanford.edu