[Debichem-devel] Hardening flags (was: Dh-autoreconf for new version of abinit)

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Wed Jan 22 21:58:34 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 10:53:46PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Another reason to use autoreconf is that it might be that it gets the
> build system right to propagate hardening options.  It seems to be a bit
> tricky since I was seeking for the place where the LDFLAGS are
> configured but failed in the current build system files.

Well, I have not really spent any time so far trying to figure out the
hardening flags.  I can see how this is useful for the default install
and/or web applications etc., but I don't see that much usefulness for
scientific applications - especially when it means figuring out tricky
build systems.

Michael