[Debichem-devel] [Debichem-commits] [debichem] r5137 - unstable/libxc/debian

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sat Mar 22 12:45:06 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 12:07:24PM +0000, dleidert at alioth.debian.org wrote:
> libxc (2.2.0-1) UNRELEASED
>
> * New upstream release.

The libxc upstream developers also released 2.1.0 along with 2.2.0.

Apparently the only difference is that 2.1.0 does not bump soname, and
the only reason 2.2.0 bumps soname is because they've broken out the
Fortran90 interface library (as I understand it).

So I think it might be better to use 2.1.0 becuase the Fortran90 library
handling is fishy anyway.

I believe they are aiming for a more general API overhaul in the near to
medium future, so we might save one soname bump if we only move to
2.1.0.

Comments?

Michael