[Debichem-devel] [Debichem-commits] [debichem] r5337 - in experimental: . cclib/debian

Daniel Leidert daniel.leidert.spam at gmx.net
Thu Nov 6 16:31:28 UTC 2014

Am Montag, den 03.11.2014, 12:52 -0500 schrieb Karol M. Langner:
> Hi guys,
>
> Python 2.7 is still OK for cclib, we (the devs) are not aware of any issues.

Hi Karol,

I'd like to point you to
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=733737 and your
response for the reasons behind this move.

> Also, we just released v1.3 on Friday, which is well tested and a big step forward,
> so is there a chance that would make it in before the freeze? I am willing to
> help if needed.

I do think, that an update of cclib - AFAIK atm only used with gausssian
- is unimportant before the freeze as long as we are not going to update
gausssian too and IIRC we decided (related to Python 3 but for some
reason I currently cannot remember exactly the rationale) to not do this
before the Jessie release.

HTH and regards, Daniel