[Debichem-devel] Updated debichem-commits subscription rules

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Thu Jun 4 11:29:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

apparently spam bots have heavily tried to subscribe random addresses to
the debichem-commits mailing list and I recently got a few complaints
from people about being spammed by it.

So I changed the subscription rules for this list to (i) approve only,
i.e. users need not confirm and (ii) no notifications.

Afterwards, I got spammed by "New subscription request to list
Debichem-commits from <address>" mails at a rate of several per minute,
so now I am filtering those out at my ISP.

This means nobody is looking at subscription requests right now and the
best way to get subcribed there would be to ask on here (debichem-devel)
or me personally.

Any objections to the above?

Michael