[Debichem-devel] Please review my changes to elpa package

Graham Inggs graham at nerve.org.za
Mon Jun 22 20:16:21 UTC 2015

Hi Michael

I've committed several changes for 2015.05.001-1.

On 18 June 2015 at 00:22, Michael Banck <mbanck at debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 04:03:57PM +0200, Graham Inggs wrote:
>> I see there was a build failure on s390x because of my new symbols file.

I've updated the symbols for the new version and added symbols to
allow for architectures that build with mpich instead of openmpi
(s390x, m68k, etc.).
I've marked them (optional) for now, but we can change them to be more
specific if required.
I've also marked some other symbols (optional) that seem to depend on
whether the architecture is 32-bit, 64-bit or SSE.

> armel and mips also failed due to timeouts in the testsuite.
>
> The testsuite does take rather long without output, I have to admit.

What can we do about that?

And on the subject of testsuites, won't they fail on the buildds if we
enable SSE, AVX, etc?

> Probably enough to build on a new machine and test on an older one.
>
> Note that you might have to explicitly enable the SSE kernel for that,
> e.g. by rebuilding the latest subversion debian/ for cp2k (I backported
> the changes to support newer ELPA there) with it, and set ELPA_KERNEL
> (or what it was) in the input file.
>
> Or maybe there is an easier way.

I haven't looked at the above yet.

>> I'll check whether your method still builds on Ubuntu, where they
>> build everything with -Wl,--as-needed.
>> Maybe we should just build with that in Debian too?
>
> Actually, that would probably be a good idea.

Done.

Regards
Graham