[Debichem-devel] dl-poly-classic_1.9-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Michael Banck mbanck at debian.org
Sun Nov 22 12:13:02 UTC 2015

Hi Thorsten,

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 06:00:11PM +0000, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> after reading this paragraph in dl_class_1.9/java/Licence:
>
>     2.1.1 the Licensee may not distribute any of the DL_POLY Software
>           or any Derived Work to any third party, or share their use
>           with any third party (whether free of charge or otherwise),
>           and the Licensee may not sub-license the use of any of the
>           DL_POLY Software to any third party unless, in each case,
>           that third party has complied with clause 2.3 below;
>
> I stopped looking at that package. Do you thik that Debian is allowed
> to distribute that software?

No, you're absolutely right.  I did not take a close look at the java/
directory cause we are not using its GUI anyway, and I did not notice
the License, mea culpa.

As we are not interested in the java stuff, I've removed it from orig
and repackaged.  I have now uploaded dl-poly-classic again.

I will also try to contact the authors, but this package has not been
touched upstream in a long time...

Sorry for that,

Michael