[Debichem-devel] [Outreachy] pymol

Andreas Tille tille at debian.org
Tue Aug 16 18:56:55 UTC 2016

Hi Tanya,

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 08:01:46PM +0300, merlettaia wrote:
> Could you please take a look at pymol?

I'll need some time for building which I do either now or tomorrow
morning.

> I made almost everything possible, except solving this warnings (but I can
> fix them too):
>
>    I: pymol: desktop-entry-lacks-keywords-entry
> usr/share/applications/pymol.desktop

I always wonder what to inject as a sensible keyword in these cases.
If you know something sensible this would be cool.

>    W: pymol: command-in-menu-file-and-desktop-file pymol
> usr/share/menu/pymol:7

I've fixed this by removing the menu file which should not be there
any more if there is a desktop file.

> I install examples/ to /usr/share/pymol (as a part of pymol-data package),
> because when pymol is installed from sourceforge sources, this directory is
> installed to the same place where scripts/ and data/ are installed. Some
> scripts from examples/ use files from test/data/, I also install these
> files. I also added patch to make these scripts callable from different
> directory to allow save results to current directory and not to lose
> test/data/ files (if they are used) at the same time.

Sounds like a pretty tough work.  I'll comment later once I have
build the package myself.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--